There is a culture of hunting that most new hunters do not know yet. Before you head out on a hunting trip, you should consider the following:
- Arrive on Time – Whether you realize it or not, hunting is all about being at the right place at the right time. It is vital that you arrive at your designated location at the agreed upon time. When you arrive at the right time, you are more likely to find the animals that you are hunting.
- Always Be Prepared – Those of us who were in scouts know the importance of always being prepared. Spend time getting your pack together and do your homework before heading out to show everyone in your party that you are serious about hunting.
- Show Appreciation to Those Who Help – One aspect of hunting that people often overlook are building bonds and making sure that everyone has a good time. When you are polite and show appreciation to the people who are helping you on your hunt, you can guarantee that you will have a good time.
Are you ready to go hunting in South Carolina? Head out on a unique and exciting guided hunting trip when you plan your next trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge.
Are you interested in hunting but not sure about using a rifle? Here is some important information for you:
- Visit a Shooting Range – One of the best places to learn about shooting a rifle is your local hunting range. Many local ranges provide gun training and safety courses, helping people of all skill levels improve their shots.
- Ask a Friend or Family Member – Do you have a good friend or family member who loves to hunt? If you are too embarrassed to ask a stranger for hunting lessons, you can most certainly ask someone you already know. They can share tips and tricks with you, as well as go to the shooting range with you to show you what you need to know.
- Watch Gun Training Videos – There are many different gun training videos available online to help you learn how to properly shoot a gun. Take some time and do some research to make sure you are watching a video that will provide you with valuable information.
Start hunting today when you schedule a guided hunt at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. Our lodge offers unique South Carolina deer hunting opportunities for individuals who have just learned how to shoot a rifle, as well as people who just want a distinct hunting experience.
Being safe on a hunting trip is very important. Here are some good safety tips to help people who are handling guns for the first time:
Treat Every Gun as if It Were Loaded – One of the golden rules of gun safety is to treat every gun like it’s loaded. If you find yourself handling a gun you are unfamiliar with, you won’t know if there are any issues with the weapon. Being safe and smart about your guns is wise. You don’t want someone to get hurt just because they are goofing off with a gun. Show respect to these powerful tools.
Don’t Point Your Gun at a Person – It doesn’t matter if you know that the gun is not loaded and the safety is on, you should never point your gun at anyone. It’s aggressive and just in poor taste. There have been far too many fatalities just because someone was playing around with a gun and not being respectful to their friends.
Keep Your Finger off the Trigger until You Want to Shoot – Not only should you never point your gun at anything you don’t intend to shoot, you shouldn’t put your finger on the trigger before you intend to use it. Being mindful about pulling the trigger saves lives.
Be prepared to go on a guided hunting trip when you come to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We are happy to offer hunting in South Carolina on our private land.
Are you getting ready to hunt but trying to save money on new gear? Take a look at this great advice for finding affordable hunting clothes:
Don’t Worry about Finding Matching Gear – Did you find a camo jacket that you like at a price that can’t be beat but the matching pants are too expensive? We have good news for you! Animals do not care if you wear matching brands. Feel free to match up a great jacket with a pair of pants from a different maker.
Shop for Other Outdoor Clothing – Did you know that camping, hiking, and other outdoor gear companies make selections that look exactly like standard hunting gear but are available at a lower price? Take a look at your local camping and sporting goods store and you may be surprised at what you find in the non-hunting sections.
Shop the Clearance Rack – There is nothing wrong with heading right to the clearance rack when seeking hunting gear. If you spend some time looking all year long – particularly after hunting season – you’ll have no problem finding jackets, pants, and more at a price that won’t break the bank.
Once you have your hunting gear together, book a guided hunting trip at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We are proud to offer exceptional South Carolina deer hunting opportunities.
Are you not interested in deer hunting with urine scents? If the thought of sitting around all morning smelling urine is just not your cup of tea, there are other options out there! You can choose dirt scent spray to cover up your smell and help you have a successful hunting trip.
There are many ways to get a dirt scent for your trip. The simplest way to do it is to invest in a store-bought spray. There are many options out there that mimic the smell of fresh earth that is all too familiar. If you are located in the area where you’ll be hunting, you can make a scent for yourself. All you have to do is collect aromatic plants from the area, boil them, and put the strained solution in a spray bottle. With this spray, the deer will only smell the scents that are in the area. It’s important to make sure that you spray everything you are bringing with you, as one odd smell may ruin the entire trip.
When you are ready to go deer hunting in South Carolina, you can plan a visit to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer excellent guided hunting trips in the Lowcountry on a private piece of land. Contact us today to learn more about available hunting dates.
Are you preparing to head out on a deer hunting trip? Before you do, you may want to invest in one of the following specialty hunting scents:
- Doe Urine – Throughout the year you can use doe urine scents to lure bucks. Typically, this urine scent lets them know that the area is safe to visit, relaxing deer as they pass by and giving you the chance to take a shot. It works best earlier in the season when bucks are still in groups and haven’t become as competitive yet.
- Buck Urine – When bucks are starting to get more aggressive and curious, you can start to use buck urine scents along with deep grunts and rattles to lure bucks into your area. In this case, the bucks feel challenged by this scent and is ready to search high and low to find a trespasser on his territory.
- Doe Estrus – This scent is best used during mating seasons. If you have started to notice bucks chasing does around your area, you can use this around your setup to cover your scent and attract bucks to your location. Many people who have used this scent at the right time have managed to get the biggest buck of their hunting career.
When you want to go out hunting deer in South Carolina, you can plan a visit to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer unique guided hunting trips during deer season, as well as boar and quail hunting opportunities.
Deer season may have ended this year, but it doesn’t mean you have to stop planning for the next one! Here are just a few things you could do to prepare:
- Invest in New Gear – It may be time to get new gear or replace your old gear. Take a look at your current guns, camo, boots, or other hunting gear and start buying everything you need now. That way, you’ll have everything necessary by the time deer season rolls around again.
- Improve Yourself – Did you find yourself getting winded last year while you were hunting? Take the year to start improving yourself and getting into shape so you’ll be ready to take on any task while you are on the hunt! That way, when it’s time to haul that fresh kill out of the woods, you’ll be prepared.
- Practice Your Shooting Skills – Gain the confidence you need before deer season starts by practicing your shooting in the off season. This will guarantee that you will not get rusty and may give you the skills necessary to catch that monster buck you have been trying to bag for ages.
Once deer season starts, come on over to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge and plan a trip to go hunting in South Carolina. Our business is proud to offer guided hunting trips on private land.
Are you planning a big out-of-state hunting trip? Before you travel with your gun, you need to make sure you are following the rules:
- Check the Law – Whether you are traveling to our location in South Carolina or going to another state, it’s vital that you check the laws before you accidentally bring your gun to an area that does not allow it. You can look up the local laws online or even contact the lodge you are visiting to make sure your gun can be used in the area.
- Invest in a Good Gun Case – You can fly with a gun, but it has to be checked and declared before you can get it on a plane. Do some research and make sure you invest on a locked gun case that will pass the TSA rules. If it’s very sturdy and can only be opened by you, then you are choosing the right gun case.
- Unload Your Gun – It doesn’t matter if you are driving or flying, your gun should never be loaded before you travel with it. Ammunition can be checked in baggage, but you need to make sure that magazines, clips, and other ammo accessories are bolted in your case.
Travel down to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge to go on one of our guided hunting trips. Our business is dedicated to providing you with a unique hunting experience you won’t find at other locations in South Carolina.
Hunting is not for everyone, but if you are even a little bit curious about going out there and shooting a deer, you should try it out! Here are a few reasons why you should go hunting:
Connect with Your Food – These days, people are disconnected with their food. Many people have never seen an animal go from nature to the table. If you eat meat, than going hunting is a fascinating and educational way to understand the natural way that meat gets to our dinner tables.
Disconnect with the Digital World – Sometimes it’s good to disconnect with the digital world around us. From cellphones and tablets to computers and smart televisions, it’s easy to feel oversaturated by our culture. When you hunt, you leave your technology behind and connect with nature.
Understand Yourself – When you take an animal’s life while hunting, you can experience a range of emotions. From excitement to depression, everyone’s experience is unique. This is a real chance to connect with your ancestors and see how far humans have come as a species.
Are your ready to plan a hunting trip? The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge offer unique opportunities that you won’t find anywhere else. Contact us to learn more about hunting in South Carolina.
Are you planning a big hunting trip in South Carolina? The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is here for you! We offer guided and unique hunting trips for you and your friends or family. Take a look at some of the advantages of hunting with us and you’ll see the difference:
A Successful Trip – Have you ever spent an entire weekend trying to hunt and never even had an opportunity to shoot your gun? When you hunt with us, you’ll receive hands-on guidance and support, putting you in the best position for a successful trip.
Knowledgeable Assistance – When you hunt with someone who is guiding you, you’ll have access to people who are familiar with the area. This means you’ll be able to pick their brain about the land, the boundaries, and the best places to hunt.
Save Time and Money – Start adding up the price of everything you need to hunt, as well as the amount of time you have to spend getting everything together. You’ll find that coming on a guided hunting trip will help you save both time and money.
You can hunt deer, boar, and quail when you book a trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. Contact us today to request information about guided hunting trips.