Many hunters think that they have to go exotic or the same locations their friends go to, in order to have a successful hunting trip. But many overlook locations that are right in their backyard! Hunting in South Carolina is a fantastic option to consider when looking into your next vacation. Here’s why:
- South Carolina has a huge range of game! Anything from bear, dove, coyote, fox, quail, wild hog, even alligator!
- Did you think we forgot to mention deer? South Carolina has one of the largest deer seasons in the United States! From August to January, you can guarantee you’ll find a trophy that’s worthy of bragging.
- There’s more than just hunting! From historic locations, such as Fort Sumter and Charleston, to the pristine coastal areas of Hilton Head Island and Myrtle Beach, you’re sure to enjoy a variety in your vacation.
- Still looking to get lost in the outdoors? South Carolina has public land worthy of camping, hiking, and fishing!
No matter if you’re looking to bring home your next trophy, spend some time fishing, taking in the sights or a combination of the three, South Carolina is the place for you. Hunting in South Carolina can give you and your family plenty of opportunities to create lasting memories.
Considering a hunting lodge for your next trip? Cedar Knoll is a premier lodge that specializes in deer, hog, and quail hunts with Southern hospitality. For more on our accommodations and hunts, check out our contact page!
Whether you are an experienced hunter or are new to the sport, hunting trips can be an exciting way to vacation. While you might be thinking location and type of game is the most important decision, booking a lodge that is right for you can make or break your trip. Here are a few things to consider:
- Lodge amenities are a significant factor to weigh before booking. Ask about if you will be camping, sharing rooms, or will have private spaces. Also, ask about what they provide in regards to meals and supplies. Some will provide a list of what you should bring!
- Be sure you ask about what licensing the lodge has, what your guide has, and what licensing you should have for the trip. Not only does this affect pricing, but it can also cause you to run into a few issues before your hunt if you aren’t licensed properly.
- If you have anyone who is not hunting in your party, make sure there are activities at the lodge or nearby for them. Most lodges have some on-site activities, but see if the surrounding area has any major tourist sites or things to do.
Just by taking time to ask the right questions, you can save yourself and your group frustration. Be sure to read up and even call the lodge you’re interested in before booking. For a Southern hospitality style hunting experience, contact us! At Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge, South Carolina, we’ll make sure you experience an exciting, hassle-free hunting trip!
Once you’ve gone deer hunting and you’ve gotten your deer, you better believe that you’ll have plenty of deer meat to eat. Naturally, you’ll want to enjoy it in a variety of ways, so we have researched some of the many amazing ways to enjoy venison:
- Venison Chili – Paring ground venison with meat like beef and pork makes a unique and hearty meal. Make a big pot of the chili and have a bunch of friends over for a meal on a cold evening!
- Venison Roast – You can a venison roast for any special holiday or Sunday dinner. Cook your venison with bacon on a bed of vegetables like onions, carrots, potatoes, and celery. Once it’s done, you’ll be able to make delicious gravy with the pan drippings.
- Venison Steaks – When cooking steaks, it’s important to let your meat age a bit and cook it rare. Most people cook it with plenty of salt, as well as oil and butter.
If all this talk about cooking venison has made you hungry, then it’s time to go hunting! Deer season is happening right now, so have a unique South Carolina deer hunting experience at Cedar Knoll. When you hunt with us, you’ll be able to hunt on private land!