Everyone who goes hunting knows that deer hunting is a lot of fun and a great way for a family to bond. Whether you want to go out with your children or are interested in planning a trip with your parents, starting a yearly deer hunting trip is a great tradition to share with your family.
If you are new to the world of deer hunting, you know how exciting this activity can be once you shoot your first deer. Some people grew up hunting, but many people who lived in the suburbs have never gotten an opportunity to go hunting with their family. If you have never been hunting with your family, now is a great time to start.
When you hunt, you have a chance to go out into the woods without having to worry about the many trappings of the modern life. Your son or daughter will have a chance to spend some one-on-one time with you, getting to know you and how you operate as a hunter. Additionally, you can take out your brother, father, mother, or grandfather out to hunt, having a similar bonding experience.
When you are looking for the best hunting trips in the US, you can rest assured that you will have a fantastic time hunting deer, boar, and quail when you plan a trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer great accommodation and guided trips for beginner hunters, as well as hunters with experience.
Do any of these hunting styles listed below match your style? Take a look at this handful of styles to learn more about the many types of hunters out there:
Hunting to Shoot – A lot of hunters love to get out in the woods because they want an opportunity to shoot their guns. Shooting at a range can only do so much. If you are going out to shoot, make sure you keep plenty of ammo on hand. Furthermore, you should make sure your shooting at animals instead of your partners.
Hunting for a Trophy – There is nothing more glorious than hanging an amazing trophy on your wall. You will always have a great story to tell about the time you shot the prized buck and had him stuffed. When you hunt for a trophy, you are selective about the kind of creature you shoot.
Hunting for Sport – Many hunters who like to hunt for sport are experienced hunters who have tried the other hunting styles. When you hunt for sport, you take the time to go out in the woods and enjoy nature.
It does not matter what kind of hunting you prefer, the team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge offers one of the best guided hunting trips on the East Coast.
Are you a hunter who is just sick and tired of heading out, only to find other hunters ruining your experience? If you are new to the world of hunting, this can be especially frustrating, as these others may steal your first kill before you get a chance to raise your gun! The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is proud to present comprehensive guided hunting in South Carolina on private land that is located near the Savannah River in the Lowcountry.
Going hunting on private land can change the way you hunt. We offer more than 3,000 acres of intensely managed land that is rich with deer, wild boar, and quail. Our guides will take you out in the morning to prime hunting areas, giving you a chance to shoot without worrying about others ruining your experience. Furthermore, we feature wonderful lodge accommodations that include a dining hall, large game room, a pool table, and central heat and AC for your comfort. If you are looking for something cozier, you can also request a visit to our magnificent executive lodge.
Plan your next trip today! Whether you are interested in hunting with your children or are getting together with a couple of buddies, we are confident that you will enjoy our guided hunting packages.
Are you looking for some great music to enjoy before your next hunting trip? Here are five great recommendations:
- “Fred Bear” by Ted Nugent – Everyone needs a good tune to hype them up before they go hunting. Who better than The Nuge to get your blood pumping before you head out? Many hunters have added this selection to their playlist to get them going!
- “Openin’ Day” by Rhett Akins and Dallas Davidson – If you are looking for a tune that makes you nostalgic for hunting trips of the past, this calm country tune is right for you.
- “Hunting Girl” by Jethro Tull – Tull is a great way to prep for the hunt. This progressive rock group, known for the classic rock staple “Aqualung,” tells the story about the queen of hunters.
- “I Won’t Go Huntin’ with You, Jake” by Buck Owens and Buddy Allen – Your hunting playlist does not have to be serious! If you like a good country sing-song before you go out, this classic tune from 1972 is an excellent choice.
- “Hungry like the Wolf” by Duran Duran – Even hunters like a little pop music! This classic jam has a fast pace and is perfect for those who want something catchy and fun.
You can listen to these hunting jams before you head out on guided hunting trips with the team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer excellent accommodations and exciting trips for hunters of all skill levels.
Before you go hunting, it is a smart idea to learn more about shooting a gun. We have put together some tips to help you improve your skills:
- Take Your Time – When firing a gun, it is essential to be able to shoot when the timing is right. That said, no one starts shooting fast. It is crucial that you take your time and make sure you are shooting with accuracy than speed. Firing too quickly may mean that you miss your target and scare any game in the area away.
- Practice Dry Firing – Dry firing means working with your gun without any ammo in it. Practicing with your gun gives you a chance to get used to your gun and how it feels as you are using it. Try dry firing at a target and always make sure that there is no ammunition in your gun before practice.
- Never Push Yourself – Pushing yourself is fine when you are trying to finish a marathon, put pushing yourself with a gun never improves your habit. In fact, you will begin to learn bad habits when you practice shooting while you are tired or just not up to the task.
Use your shooting skills when you go hunting in South Carolina with the team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. Our lodge provides private guided hunting on private land for deer, boar, and quail.
The team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge knows what it takes to have a good hunt. As providers of unique guided hunting trips in South Carolina, we know what to look for when taking you out on the hunt. Here are a few tips you can take into mind when hunting:
- Know the Land – One of the best things you can do is getting familiar with the land before you start hunting. With this knowledge, you will know where deer like to hang out, as well as hiding spots. When you are out on one of our guided trips, you will be hunting with a guide that knows our land like the back of their hand.
- Walk Slowly – Making noise as you walk through the forest is a mistake that many hunters do not think about until they find themselves rushing to get to their blind. Be mindful of the ground and tread lightly at all times.
- Mask Your Scent – We have said it before, but it always bears repeating: cover up your scent. Deodorants, shampoos, aftershave, and laundry detergents have strong smells and deer will stay away when they smell them.
Experience the best guided hunting trip in South Carolina when you book a trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer deer, boar, and quail hunting trips for you and your hunting buddies on our private land.
One of the best ways to stay safe while you are hunting is to be familiar with the four rules of gun safety. Everyone should know these rules:
- Always treat a gun like it is loaded. It does not matter if you know the gun is not loaded, handling a gun like it is loaded will create good habits that may prevent some massive issues in the future.
- Never point your gun at something that you are not ready to shoot. You never know what accidents could happen when you point your gun at something or someone, so you should never do it.
- Do not put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to shoot the gucedarn. When you keep your finger off the trigger, you do not have to worry about your gun going off.
- Know what is behind your intended target. A bullet can easily go through your intended target, so make sure you are not shooting at an animal when a person is right behind it.
When you come to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge, we provide you with everything you need on guided hunting trips. Read more about what we have to offer and book a trip today!
Being safe while hunting is vital at all times. Before you start a hunting trip, you should do everything you can to make sure that you will have a safe and successful trip. One of the best ways you can stay safe without having to stress or spend extra money is to plan a hunting trip with others.
Hunting with at least one other person makes sense for a variety of reasons. When you are hunting with others, your partner – or partners – can be available to assist you with a range of issues. They can assist you with retrieving or loading your game, as well as provide you with first aid help if you get hurt. Additionally, hunting with others decreases the possibility of getting lost while you are out in areas that you may not know very well. At least one of you will be able to the ability to find your way out of the woods.
You will never hunt alone with you go on our guided deer hunting trips. The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is proud to offer guided trips in South Carolina for hunters of all skill levels. Book your trip today and have an exciting trip with friends or family members.
Have you ever been deer hunting? Here are a few of the many reasons why deer hunting is terrific:
- Conservation – Believe it or not, but hunting deer is necessary for the health and stability of our deer populations. When you hunt deer, you help balance wildlife populations and make sure that future deer can live a full and fruitful life.
- Natural Meat – When was the last time you ate natural meat that you are 100% confident has not been force-fed vitamins and unnatural supplements? For many of us, we are happy to grab this hormone-feed meat from the grocery store shelf, but for others, we want to know exactly where it came from. In this case, it comes from your own two hands.
- Being One with Nature – When you hunt for deer, you are communing with the natural world. As a hunter, you are an actual participant in the food chain, as well as the circle of life. You also get to understand the struggle of finding food that our ancestors knew all too well.
Experience the world of deer hunting when you sign up for guided deer hunting trips from the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer unique hunting opportunities on private land, allowing you to hunt without having to worry about other hunters ruining your trip.
Heading out to hunt by yourself is great, but every once in a while you want something different. Why hunt in a shared space with others when you can enjoy a hunting trip on a private piece of land with just you and your close friends. The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is proud to offer guided hunting trips with services that you will not find from other lodges in the South Carolina area.
Hunting on private land is very different from hunting in a public area. When you book a trip to our lodge, you will be able to hunt on 3,000 acres of game-rich land without having to worry about competing with other hunters. Deer hunting season lasts until January, so you will be able to head out on our land, hunt for one of these majestic creatures, and enjoy downtime at our fantastic lodge. Due to our year-round supplemental feeding program, we have one of the highest concentrations of whitetail deer in the US.
Contact us today to learn more about our guided hunting trips. In addition to deer hunting, you can visit us for hog and quail hunting trips. We are located near the Savannah River, in the middle of the South Carolina Lowcountry.