Before you go hunting, it is a smart idea to learn more about shooting a gun. We have put together some tips to help you improve your skills:
- Take Your Time – When firing a gun, it is essential to be able to shoot when the timing is right. That said, no one starts shooting fast. It is crucial that you take your time and make sure you are shooting with accuracy than speed. Firing too quickly may mean that you miss your target and scare any game in the area away.
- Practice Dry Firing – Dry firing means working with your gun without any ammo in it. Practicing with your gun gives you a chance to get used to your gun and how it feels as you are using it. Try dry firing at a target and always make sure that there is no ammunition in your gun before practice.
- Never Push Yourself – Pushing yourself is fine when you are trying to finish a marathon, put pushing yourself with a gun never improves your habit. In fact, you will begin to learn bad habits when you practice shooting while you are tired or just not up to the task.
Use your shooting skills when you go hunting in South Carolina with the team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. Our lodge provides private guided hunting on private land for deer, boar, and quail.
The team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge knows what it takes to have a good hunt. As providers of unique guided hunting trips in South Carolina, we know what to look for when taking you out on the hunt. Here are a few tips you can take into mind when hunting:
- Know the Land – One of the best things you can do is getting familiar with the land before you start hunting. With this knowledge, you will know where deer like to hang out, as well as hiding spots. When you are out on one of our guided trips, you will be hunting with a guide that knows our land like the back of their hand.
- Walk Slowly – Making noise as you walk through the forest is a mistake that many hunters do not think about until they find themselves rushing to get to their blind. Be mindful of the ground and tread lightly at all times.
- Mask Your Scent – We have said it before, but it always bears repeating: cover up your scent. Deodorants, shampoos, aftershave, and laundry detergents have strong smells and deer will stay away when they smell them.
Experience the best guided hunting trip in South Carolina when you book a trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer deer, boar, and quail hunting trips for you and your hunting buddies on our private land.
One of the best ways to stay safe while you are hunting is to be familiar with the four rules of gun safety. Everyone should know these rules:
- Always treat a gun like it is loaded. It does not matter if you know the gun is not loaded, handling a gun like it is loaded will create good habits that may prevent some massive issues in the future.
- Never point your gun at something that you are not ready to shoot. You never know what accidents could happen when you point your gun at something or someone, so you should never do it.
- Do not put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to shoot the gucedarn. When you keep your finger off the trigger, you do not have to worry about your gun going off.
- Know what is behind your intended target. A bullet can easily go through your intended target, so make sure you are not shooting at an animal when a person is right behind it.
When you come to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge, we provide you with everything you need on guided hunting trips. Read more about what we have to offer and book a trip today!
Being safe while hunting is vital at all times. Before you start a hunting trip, you should do everything you can to make sure that you will have a safe and successful trip. One of the best ways you can stay safe without having to stress or spend extra money is to plan a hunting trip with others.
Hunting with at least one other person makes sense for a variety of reasons. When you are hunting with others, your partner – or partners – can be available to assist you with a range of issues. They can assist you with retrieving or loading your game, as well as provide you with first aid help if you get hurt. Additionally, hunting with others decreases the possibility of getting lost while you are out in areas that you may not know very well. At least one of you will be able to the ability to find your way out of the woods.
You will never hunt alone with you go on our guided deer hunting trips. The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is proud to offer guided trips in South Carolina for hunters of all skill levels. Book your trip today and have an exciting trip with friends or family members.
Have you ever been deer hunting? Here are a few of the many reasons why deer hunting is terrific:
- Conservation – Believe it or not, but hunting deer is necessary for the health and stability of our deer populations. When you hunt deer, you help balance wildlife populations and make sure that future deer can live a full and fruitful life.
- Natural Meat – When was the last time you ate natural meat that you are 100% confident has not been force-fed vitamins and unnatural supplements? For many of us, we are happy to grab this hormone-feed meat from the grocery store shelf, but for others, we want to know exactly where it came from. In this case, it comes from your own two hands.
- Being One with Nature – When you hunt for deer, you are communing with the natural world. As a hunter, you are an actual participant in the food chain, as well as the circle of life. You also get to understand the struggle of finding food that our ancestors knew all too well.
Experience the world of deer hunting when you sign up for guided deer hunting trips from the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer unique hunting opportunities on private land, allowing you to hunt without having to worry about other hunters ruining your trip.
Heading out to hunt by yourself is great, but every once in a while you want something different. Why hunt in a shared space with others when you can enjoy a hunting trip on a private piece of land with just you and your close friends. The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is proud to offer guided hunting trips with services that you will not find from other lodges in the South Carolina area.
Hunting on private land is very different from hunting in a public area. When you book a trip to our lodge, you will be able to hunt on 3,000 acres of game-rich land without having to worry about competing with other hunters. Deer hunting season lasts until January, so you will be able to head out on our land, hunt for one of these majestic creatures, and enjoy downtime at our fantastic lodge. Due to our year-round supplemental feeding program, we have one of the highest concentrations of whitetail deer in the US.
Contact us today to learn more about our guided hunting trips. In addition to deer hunting, you can visit us for hog and quail hunting trips. We are located near the Savannah River, in the middle of the South Carolina Lowcountry.
Are you getting ready for a hunting trip in fall? Before you head out on your journey, here are some tips for you:
- Check Your Supplies – Whether you are an avid hunter or not, it’s vital that you make sure your hunting inventory is ready for your trip. You’ll want to ensure that all of your hunting apparel is in good shape, that any items you depleted on your last trip are replaced, and that you have replaced anything you may have taken out on your last trip.
- Upgrade Your Hunting Knives – When was the last time you have purchased a new hunting knife? While we realize that having a good, old reliable selection on hand is great, many new choices on the market are sure to take things to the next level. Take a trip down to your local sports or hunting supply shop and see what they have in stock.
- Visit Your Regular Spots – If you like to hunt in the same spot every year, it is a smart idea to visit the area to see what is happening there. You can setup your blind so that it’s ready for opening day, check out what kind of activity is going on in the area, and claim the spot so no other hunters take your place.
When you want to go on a unique hunting adventure, you can visit the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer guided hunting in South Carolina on private land that is ideal for hunters of all experience levels.
Going hunting on your own is great, but if you are a beginner, it is in your best interested to go on guided hunting trips. There are many different benefits to heading on these trips – you can learn from the experts, hunt with your friends and family members, and be out in the woods without having to worry about other hunters getting in your way. One of the best aspects of a guided trip is you can increase your success rate and trophy quality!
When you go out on a hunting trip with us, you are hunting on completely private land. This means that you will have a better chance of locating a deer, giving you an opportunity to find a better trophy deer. Our experts will be able to direct you to the places where you are more likely to find a deer. Once you find one, you’ll be able to take the time necessary to take a shot at the deer without worrying about someone taking it from you.
Are you ready to start your own hunting trip? The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge offers exciting trips in South Carolina. We offer deer hunting opportunities, as well as hog and quail hunting. Call us at (844) 868-5348 for more information about our lodge.
There is a culture of hunting that most new hunters do not know yet. Before you head out on a hunting trip, you should consider the following:
- Arrive on Time – Whether you realize it or not, hunting is all about being at the right place at the right time. It is vital that you arrive at your designated location at the agreed upon time. When you arrive at the right time, you are more likely to find the animals that you are hunting.
- Always Be Prepared – Those of us who were in scouts know the importance of always being prepared. Spend time getting your pack together and do your homework before heading out to show everyone in your party that you are serious about hunting.
- Show Appreciation to Those Who Help – One aspect of hunting that people often overlook are building bonds and making sure that everyone has a good time. When you are polite and show appreciation to the people who are helping you on your hunt, you can guarantee that you will have a good time.
Are you ready to go hunting in South Carolina? Head out on a unique and exciting guided hunting trip when you plan your next trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge.
Are you interested in hunting but not sure about using a rifle? Here is some important information for you:
- Visit a Shooting Range – One of the best places to learn about shooting a rifle is your local hunting range. Many local ranges provide gun training and safety courses, helping people of all skill levels improve their shots.
- Ask a Friend or Family Member – Do you have a good friend or family member who loves to hunt? If you are too embarrassed to ask a stranger for hunting lessons, you can most certainly ask someone you already know. They can share tips and tricks with you, as well as go to the shooting range with you to show you what you need to know.
- Watch Gun Training Videos – There are many different gun training videos available online to help you learn how to properly shoot a gun. Take some time and do some research to make sure you are watching a video that will provide you with valuable information.
Start hunting today when you schedule a guided hunt at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. Our lodge offers unique South Carolina deer hunting opportunities for individuals who have just learned how to shoot a rifle, as well as people who just want a distinct hunting experience.