Are you looking for some great music to enjoy before your next hunting trip? Here are five great recommendations:
- “Fred Bear” by Ted Nugent – Everyone needs a good tune to hype them up before they go hunting. Who better than The Nuge to get your blood pumping before you head out? Many hunters have added this selection to their playlist to get them going!
- “Openin’ Day” by Rhett Akins and Dallas Davidson – If you are looking for a tune that makes you nostalgic for hunting trips of the past, this calm country tune is right for you.
- “Hunting Girl” by Jethro Tull – Tull is a great way to prep for the hunt. This progressive rock group, known for the classic rock staple “Aqualung,” tells the story about the queen of hunters.
- “I Won’t Go Huntin’ with You, Jake” by Buck Owens and Buddy Allen – Your hunting playlist does not have to be serious! If you like a good country sing-song before you go out, this classic tune from 1972 is an excellent choice.
- “Hungry like the Wolf” by Duran Duran – Even hunters like a little pop music! This classic jam has a fast pace and is perfect for those who want something catchy and fun.
You can listen to these hunting jams before you head out on guided hunting trips with the team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer excellent accommodations and exciting trips for hunters of all skill levels.
The team at the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge knows what it takes to have a good hunt. As providers of unique guided hunting trips in South Carolina, we know what to look for when taking you out on the hunt. Here are a few tips you can take into mind when hunting:
- Know the Land – One of the best things you can do is getting familiar with the land before you start hunting. With this knowledge, you will know where deer like to hang out, as well as hiding spots. When you are out on one of our guided trips, you will be hunting with a guide that knows our land like the back of their hand.
- Walk Slowly – Making noise as you walk through the forest is a mistake that many hunters do not think about until they find themselves rushing to get to their blind. Be mindful of the ground and tread lightly at all times.
- Mask Your Scent – We have said it before, but it always bears repeating: cover up your scent. Deodorants, shampoos, aftershave, and laundry detergents have strong smells and deer will stay away when they smell them.
Experience the best guided hunting trip in South Carolina when you book a trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer deer, boar, and quail hunting trips for you and your hunting buddies on our private land.
One of the best ways to stay safe while you are hunting is to be familiar with the four rules of gun safety. Everyone should know these rules:
- Always treat a gun like it is loaded. It does not matter if you know the gun is not loaded, handling a gun like it is loaded will create good habits that may prevent some massive issues in the future.
- Never point your gun at something that you are not ready to shoot. You never know what accidents could happen when you point your gun at something or someone, so you should never do it.
- Do not put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to shoot the gucedarn. When you keep your finger off the trigger, you do not have to worry about your gun going off.
- Know what is behind your intended target. A bullet can easily go through your intended target, so make sure you are not shooting at an animal when a person is right behind it.
When you come to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge, we provide you with everything you need on guided hunting trips. Read more about what we have to offer and book a trip today!
Heading out to hunt by yourself is great, but every once in a while you want something different. Why hunt in a shared space with others when you can enjoy a hunting trip on a private piece of land with just you and your close friends. The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is proud to offer guided hunting trips with services that you will not find from other lodges in the South Carolina area.
Hunting on private land is very different from hunting in a public area. When you book a trip to our lodge, you will be able to hunt on 3,000 acres of game-rich land without having to worry about competing with other hunters. Deer hunting season lasts until January, so you will be able to head out on our land, hunt for one of these majestic creatures, and enjoy downtime at our fantastic lodge. Due to our year-round supplemental feeding program, we have one of the highest concentrations of whitetail deer in the US.
Contact us today to learn more about our guided hunting trips. In addition to deer hunting, you can visit us for hog and quail hunting trips. We are located near the Savannah River, in the middle of the South Carolina Lowcountry.
Going hunting on your own is great, but if you are a beginner, it is in your best interested to go on guided hunting trips. There are many different benefits to heading on these trips – you can learn from the experts, hunt with your friends and family members, and be out in the woods without having to worry about other hunters getting in your way. One of the best aspects of a guided trip is you can increase your success rate and trophy quality!
When you go out on a hunting trip with us, you are hunting on completely private land. This means that you will have a better chance of locating a deer, giving you an opportunity to find a better trophy deer. Our experts will be able to direct you to the places where you are more likely to find a deer. Once you find one, you’ll be able to take the time necessary to take a shot at the deer without worrying about someone taking it from you.
Are you ready to start your own hunting trip? The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge offers exciting trips in South Carolina. We offer deer hunting opportunities, as well as hog and quail hunting. Call us at (844) 868-5348 for more information about our lodge.
Are you preparing to head out on a deer hunting trip? Before you do, you may want to invest in one of the following specialty hunting scents:
- Doe Urine – Throughout the year you can use doe urine scents to lure bucks. Typically, this urine scent lets them know that the area is safe to visit, relaxing deer as they pass by and giving you the chance to take a shot. It works best earlier in the season when bucks are still in groups and haven’t become as competitive yet.
- Buck Urine – When bucks are starting to get more aggressive and curious, you can start to use buck urine scents along with deep grunts and rattles to lure bucks into your area. In this case, the bucks feel challenged by this scent and is ready to search high and low to find a trespasser on his territory.
- Doe Estrus – This scent is best used during mating seasons. If you have started to notice bucks chasing does around your area, you can use this around your setup to cover your scent and attract bucks to your location. Many people who have used this scent at the right time have managed to get the biggest buck of their hunting career.
When you want to go out hunting deer in South Carolina, you can plan a visit to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. We offer unique guided hunting trips during deer season, as well as boar and quail hunting opportunities.
Are you planning a big out-of-state hunting trip? Before you travel with your gun, you need to make sure you are following the rules:
- Check the Law – Whether you are traveling to our location in South Carolina or going to another state, it’s vital that you check the laws before you accidentally bring your gun to an area that does not allow it. You can look up the local laws online or even contact the lodge you are visiting to make sure your gun can be used in the area.
- Invest in a Good Gun Case – You can fly with a gun, but it has to be checked and declared before you can get it on a plane. Do some research and make sure you invest on a locked gun case that will pass the TSA rules. If it’s very sturdy and can only be opened by you, then you are choosing the right gun case.
- Unload Your Gun – It doesn’t matter if you are driving or flying, your gun should never be loaded before you travel with it. Ammunition can be checked in baggage, but you need to make sure that magazines, clips, and other ammo accessories are bolted in your case.
Travel down to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge to go on one of our guided hunting trips. Our business is dedicated to providing you with a unique hunting experience you won’t find at other locations in South Carolina.
Are you planning a big hunting trip in South Carolina? The Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge is here for you! We offer guided and unique hunting trips for you and your friends or family. Take a look at some of the advantages of hunting with us and you’ll see the difference:
A Successful Trip – Have you ever spent an entire weekend trying to hunt and never even had an opportunity to shoot your gun? When you hunt with us, you’ll receive hands-on guidance and support, putting you in the best position for a successful trip.
Knowledgeable Assistance – When you hunt with someone who is guiding you, you’ll have access to people who are familiar with the area. This means you’ll be able to pick their brain about the land, the boundaries, and the best places to hunt.
Save Time and Money – Start adding up the price of everything you need to hunt, as well as the amount of time you have to spend getting everything together. You’ll find that coming on a guided hunting trip will help you save both time and money.
You can hunt deer, boar, and quail when you book a trip to the Cedar Knoll Hunting Lodge. Contact us today to request information about guided hunting trips.